I don’t know about you, but when I think about winter weather, I think “winter whites”! I love wearing a white sweater in the fall + winter! There is something just stunning about wearing a pair of jeans, riding boots and a chunky white knit sweater! Throw on some bright red lipstick and you have a perfectly put together outfit with ease! I have rounded up my top white winter knits! Enjoy!
Happy Shopping!! Have a wonderful weekend friends!!
Outfit Details: Tartan Poncho Blanket Scarf (only $35 so hurry!!) // Cooper +Baileys Freshly Baked Sweater // Booties // Jeans // Hat (similar)
Before I go into my blogging advice I have to brag about this poncho from Cooper and Baileys! I love that its a two for one! It can be a blanket scarf AND a poncho…oh and the best part..it has POCKETS! So cute! I went shopping on Saturday and Meghan(C+B owner) told me about this poncho that I would love. I immediately tried it on over my clothes and one second later a lady who was shopping in the store saw it and said, “Where is that poncho in the store?! I need it!” and bought the first one before they were even out on the floor! So hurry and order yours before they are all gone! I am in love this boutique! I have been shopping here for a few years and have always loved everything they carry! Seriously ladies, you need to be following Cooper and Baileys, they are always getting in new trendy clothing!
1. JUST DO IT! Have you ever dreamed about starting a fashion blog?! DO IT! I have always wanted to do a lifestyle blog but have been too nervous to start. What would people think? What if I fail? But it comes a time in life where you need to get “comfortable with being uncomfortable!” -words of wisdom from my Dad who told me to not worry about what others thought and pursue my dreams! My biggest advice, is just start today even if you are not ready, START! Blogs do not need to be professional right away, wait until you are “big time” to pay someone to vamp up your blog.
2. Choose your blog name! This can be time-consuming + lots of brainstorming, but it needs to be perfect because you are more than likely stuck with this name! You want your blog name to be simple, creative and memorable. I knew I wanted to do a lifestyle blog that way I could talk about everything in my life from cooking, workouts, travel, beauty, shopping, you know all the things that make me, me! I loved the way “Lifestyles With Lex” sounded & “Lex” is what my close friends and family call me. I had an instant connection with my blog name. Choose something that lets people know what kind of blog it is without them even having to look at your blog.
3. Do get a designated photographer! I would get your significant other or a close family member to take your pictures! There is nothing wrong with even using an iPhone when you start out. But I wanted to have professional pictures for my blog and Instagram because it is way more appealing and I am all in when it comes to blogging. I know buying a DSLR camera can be so overwhelming and don’t even get me started on finding the perfect lens! But do your research and you can find good deals on Amazon!
Okay there is my advice for starting a blog! I hope guys have enjoyed this post! Let me know if I you would like to know more blogging tips or behind the scenes information in future post!
Happy Thursday guys! It’s almost the weekend! Yay! Which is why I wanted to share with you some great fall date ideas just in time for the weekend with your sweetheart! Also, I am loving this new navy sweater from LOFT!
Outfit Details: Swing Dress in color Wine (I am wearing a Medium) // , ASOS Scarf (sold out) , BUT good news I found this Soft Plaid Tartan Checked Scarf for a fraction of the cost, I highly recommend getting this scarf for fall, it goes with EVERYTHING, the color is #1 beige!// My favorite booties of all time!
I know its Monday, the most hated day of the week! But I am here to share with you ways to make your day today and everyday BRIGHTER and HAPPIER! So here is my tips for a happy day!
- PRAY! Always start your day with prayer and your daily devotions. This will set the tone for your whole day, for me it actually sets what kind of mood I will be in. What better way to start off your day than with your Lord and Savior? A good tip I learned from a fellow blogger babe “The Sweetest Thing” is before you even reach for your phone and start scrolling through social media, grab your bible! For bloggers this is crucial because what we do is social media, I know once I start on Instagram I’m there for hours sometimes working on my account.
2. WORK OUT! I know this sounds like a no brainer but just get moving and get in a good sweat session before work! You will feel so much better and have so much more energy for your work day. Working out actually releases happy chemicals to your brain. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. “-Elle Woods. Exercise is also a good confidence booster. Think about it, when you don’t feel good about your body it is very easy to have low self-esteem about yourself. Which can have a negative effect on your relationships, your career and your goals. So next time you’re feeling down go for a run, take a hot yoga class, or lift some weights!
3. HYDRATE! You will never see me without a water bottle in hand! I am always drinking water! When I don’t drink water I get awful headaches and feel weak! You can always “jazz” up your water by adding fresh fruit or drinking sparkling water. I am La Croix obsessed! I haven’t tried a flavor I didn’t LOVE! Right now my favorite is the La Croix Curate Pineapple Strawberry flavor! Other healthy drinks I sip on throughout the day is hot tea and black coffee, both are great for you in moderation!
I hope you have enjoyed my tips and have a wonderful Monday!
Happy Wednesday Everyone! Here is a quick round-up of some of my latest Instagram post!
One of my most favorite looks for fall so far! And this blanket scarf from ilymix is simply amazing! They have so many great blanket scarves for fall..I might just get them all! 🙂 You can get your own blanket scarf for 20% off + free shipping with code “Alexa20” at checkout!
Outfit Details: Blanket Scarf, Navy Swing Dress, Booties
Love this oversized sweater! So cozy and such a great price!
Outfit Details: H&M Chunky Kit Sweater (Hurry these are selling out fast! ),Vince Camuto Boots (similar), Black Ripped Skinny Jeans
I could live in these colors for fall & this dress is super flattering!
Outfit Details: Lush Shift Dress(I am wearing a size Medium!), Scarf is from J.Crew but sold out!, Kate Spade Bag (new version here ), Michael Kors Watch
Favorite cardi from LOFT + ripped skinny jeans!
Outfit Details: Black Ripped Skinny Jeans, Tory Burch Flats, LOFT Cardigan (restocked), Madewell Whisper Tee
When I saw this off this red shoulder top with bows, I just knew it was meant to to be!
Outfit Details: Off the Shoulder Top, Black Ripped Skinny Jeans
I hope everyone is having a great week! And if you buy any of these items let me know how you wear them by using #lifestyleswithlex !
My favorite color combo is mixing camel and black. It looks so polished but yet classic.
A fun fall dress + great pair of booties are the perfect pairing to make me one happy girl!
Seriously obsessed with this soft sweater for fall!