If you guys have never heard of Shop the Mint, you are in for a real treat! They have the cutest clothing and have great price points! I am in love with these slouchy tops! I also have one in olive! I basically live in them, if you follow me on snapchat you will see me running around town in them all the time. Thanks to Shop the Mint, I can give my readers a special discount on them! You can shop them for HALF OFF through this link! Trust me, order them while you can at this special price! I need to order more colors because two is just not enough!
Also I just love living in such a small town that goes all out for Christmas. Last weekend we had the festival of trees and it was so gorgeous with over 100 different themed trees, so naturally the next day we had to put our tree up! I just love waking up to a decorated Christmas tree. Can’t wait to share more details on our tree and other Christmas decor! Make sure you are checking out my Christmas Wish List page regularly and looking out for my Christmas gift guides!
I don’t know about you guys but one of our most favorite places to go for Christmas decor + shopping is Pottery Barn! I just LOVE the coziness of the faux fur throws, the rustic decor + the overall feel of the store. I wish my whole house could be decked out in PB for Christmas! We slowly adding more & more each year to our PB Christmas collection! This year we are focusing more on PLAID + a cabin in the woods rustic feel for our Christmas decor! I thought what better way to kick off my first Christmas Gift Guide than what we are using for our own Christmas decor and shopping! Enjoy clicking through all the plaid madness & keep checking back daily for Christmas shopping tips & ideas!
PS- If you haven’t already, make sure you go to my Instagram page to enter to win one of my favorite blanket scarves! I will be announcing the winner tonight at 9pm est!
Follow me, Like the picture and tag 3 friends on the picture below, found on my Instagram Page and you will be entered into the drawing!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
I have added two new pages to the blog that I am sooo excited about! FIRST there is the LiketoKnow.Ittab where you shop my Instagram outfits INSTANTLY, so you’re not waiting on the email for outfit details! SECONDthere is my CHRISTMAS WISH LIST tab! I will be updating it daily for Christmas Gift Ideas!! I will of course be doing lots of Christmas Gift Guides on the blog but this a great short cut for your Christmas shopping!
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is just a week away?! I am so excited for the Thanksgiving festivities with family next week! And then there’s the GILMORE GIRLS revival!! Ahh!! Just 9 days away ladies!! Can’t wait!!
I am obsessed with turtleneck and mockneck sweaters for the fall! They are so cozy! I LOVEEE this one I’m wearing, its such a great color too! It would make the perfect Thanksgiving Day outfit, this one is not too heavy either. And of course I am so pumped for finally getting over the knee boots! I see many more over the knee outfits in the future!
Also can I brag on Jonathan real quick?! He is taking such amazing pictures for my blog! I am so proud of him and just blown away every time we finish a photo shoot! So thank you babe!
Pictured above are these Sam Edelman Lace Up Pumps (now under $100!!) that I ordered from the sale! Now I’m dying for them in every color!
The Fall Sale is here!! Just in time for the colder weather here in NC! There are so many good picks on sale and I wanted to share all of my fall favorites! The sale goes off November 13th so hurry! This is an awesome pre Black Friday + Cyber Monday sale!!
I don’t know about you, but when I think about winter weather, I think “winter whites”! I love wearing a white sweater in the fall + winter! There is something just stunning about wearing a pair of jeans, riding boots and a chunky white knit sweater! Throw on some bright red lipstick and you have a perfectly put together outfit with ease! I have rounded up my top white winter knits! Enjoy!
Happy Shopping!! Have a wonderful weekend friends!!
Before I go into my blogging advice I have to brag about this ponchofrom Cooper and Baileys! I love that its a two for one! It can be a blanket scarf AND a poncho…oh and the best part..it has POCKETS! So cute! I went shopping on Saturday and Meghan(C+B owner) told me about this poncho that I would love. I immediately tried it on over my clothes and one second later a lady who was shopping in the store saw it and said, “Where is that poncho in the store?! I need it!” and bought the first one before they were even out on the floor! So hurry and order yours before they are all gone! I am in love this boutique! I have been shopping here for a few years and have always loved everything they carry! Seriously ladies, you need to be following Cooper and Baileys, they are always getting in new trendy clothing!
1. JUST DO IT! Have you ever dreamed about starting a fashion blog?! DO IT! I have always wanted to do a lifestyle blog but have been too nervous to start. What would people think? What if I fail? But it comes a time in life where you need to get “comfortable with being uncomfortable!” -words of wisdom from my Dad who told me to not worry about what others thought and pursue my dreams! My biggest advice, is just start today even if you are not ready, START! Blogs do not need to be professional right away, wait until you are “big time” to pay someone to vamp up your blog.
2. Choose your blog name!This can be time-consuming + lots of brainstorming, but it needs to be perfect because you are more than likely stuck with this name! You want your blog name to be simple, creative and memorable. I knew I wanted to do a lifestyle blog that way I could talk about everything in my life from cooking, workouts, travel, beauty, shopping, you know all the things that make me, me! I loved the way “Lifestyles With Lex” sounded & “Lex” is what my close friends and family call me. I had an instant connection with my blog name. Choose something that lets people know what kind of blog it is without them even having to look at your blog.
3. Do get a designated photographer! I would get your significant other or a close family member to take your pictures! There is nothing wrong with even using an iPhone when you start out. But I wanted to have professional pictures for my blog and Instagram because it is way more appealing and I am all in when it comes to blogging. I know buying a DSLR camera can be so overwhelming and don’t even get me started on finding the perfect lens! But do your research and you can find good deals on Amazon!
Okay there is my advice for starting a blog! I hope guys have enjoyed this post! Let me know if I you would like to know more blogging tips or behind the scenes information in future post!
Happy Thursday guys! It’s almost the weekend! Yay! Which is why I wanted to share with you some great fall date ideas just in time for the weekend with your sweetheart! Also, I am loving this new navy sweater from LOFT!
I know its Monday, the most hated day of the week! But I am here to share with you ways to make your day today and everyday BRIGHTER and HAPPIER! So here is my tips for a happy day!
PRAY! Always start your day with prayer and your daily devotions. This will set the tone for your whole day, for me it actually sets what kind of mood I will be in. What better way to start off your day than with your Lord and Savior? A good tip I learned from a fellow blogger babe “The Sweetest Thing” is before you even reach for your phone and start scrolling through social media, grab your bible! For bloggers this is crucial because what we do is social media, I know once I start on Instagram I’m there for hours sometimes working on my account.
2. WORK OUT! I know this sounds like a no brainer but just get moving and get in a good sweat session before work! You will feel so much better and have so much more energy for your work day. Working out actually releases happy chemicals to your brain. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. “-Elle Woods. Exercise is also a good confidence booster. Think about it, when you don’t feel good about your body it is very easy to have low self-esteem about yourself. Which can have a negative effect on your relationships, your career and your goals. So next time you’re feeling down go for a run, take a hot yoga class, or lift some weights!
3. HYDRATE! You will never see me without a water bottle in hand! I am always drinking water! When I don’t drink water I get awful headaches and feel weak! You can always “jazz” up your water by adding fresh fruit or drinking sparkling water. I am La Croix obsessed! I haven’t tried a flavor I didn’t LOVE! Right now my favorite is the La Croix Curate Pineapple Strawberry flavor! Other healthy drinks I sip on throughout the day is hot tea and black coffee, both are great for you in moderation!
I hope you have enjoyed my tips and have a wonderful Monday!
Happy Wednesday Everyone! Here is a quick round-up of some of my latest Instagram post!
One of my most favorite looks for fall so far! And this blanket scarf from ilymix is simply amazing! They have so many great blanket scarves for fall..I might just get them all! 🙂 You can get your own blanket scarf for 20% off + free shipping with code “Alexa20” at checkout!